Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Following a class act...

Sam had the unfortunate timing of having to do her presentation after Taylor, not a pleasant prospect to be sure even under the best of circumstances.

Sam had spoke about how she was nervous giving her first presentation in college and going after Taylor didn't help her in feeling any better about giving her last, or next to last, presentation.

And believe me I know how she feels. Today I was the last group member to give a presentation and everyone who had gone before me had made every one laugh. I was rather nervous and Derrick helped to alleviate my anxiety by making me laugh just before I began my presentation. Thanks Derrick - you really helped to loosen me up!

Sam's presentation was great. She read a collection of diary entries that she had made as a work of creative nonfiction.

I like how she passionately read her diary entries - entries that were made over the course of several days, or weeks.

Ah, a life lived through the reading of a book. And while Sam may have had to follow a class act - whoever had to follow her, Tai, would in turn have to follow another class act.

No comments:

Post a Comment