Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My final Blog

Well here I am at the end of this great and grand journey of being an English major.

I tried to put this blog posting off for a while now by writing other blogs that I had been intending to write for a while now.

I do not know how to express what I am feeling now. This is the last writing assignment that I will be writing as an English Major.

I do not have anything grand planned for this entry - I know it seems rather anti-climatic but oh well. I must admit that I am feeling pretty sad right now and that is sad in itself.

After-all this is the moment that I have been working towards and looking forward to for so long. And now that it is finally here I am finding myself wishing that I had one more week of class left instead of one more day.

Maybe that is why we have some students that have been college students for much longer than four years.

Perhaps because they were afraid of graduation and also perhaps because they had gotten used to being a student and couldn't envision life outside of college.

I used to find that sentiment to be a rather pathetic one. Especially during my freshman and sophomore years when graduation seemed so far away.

But starting in my junior year I began to actually see the light at the end of the tunnel. But I had conveniently put those thoughts out of my mind. After all I still had a year to go.

Then as the first semester of my senior year kicked into gear I was very impatient to get my college career over with.

Those feelings carried over into the first couple of months in my second semester of my senior year. Then slowly that began to change. And I began to feel the uncomfortable emotions of attachment to being an English major, oh what would Krishna say about me now, oh never mind I already know.

I want everyone to know what an honor it has been to be in this class with all of you. This is my only English class this semester - by design mind you - I could have chosen another class but I wanted my last English class to be my capstone and I think that I made the correct decision.

After all I had already fulfilled all my other English Lit requirements and taking another English class would, at least in my opinion, have been pointless.

Well the time to say goodbye to all of you is finally here. The death of an English Major is the rebirth of someone else. Krishna would be proud.

Goodbye everyone - I had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment