Friday, April 30, 2010

My Final Blog (Really)

Today was the last day of class not just for the semester but for my entire undergraduate college career. Now I thought that I would feel sad, as I was leading up to today, but what I didn't expect was the feeling that it was just the end of another semester.

I guess that it doesn't feel real or at the very least the gravity of the situation has yet to sink in. I mean I have earned a college degree in English Literature from a reputable institution. That in and of itself is no small accomplishment.

However, practically all that I have known for the past four years is how to be a student and in performing those roles I have become accustomed to that lifestyle. Now I will have an awful lot of free time and I do not know what I will be doing with myself. I already purchased two self-teaching books that will help me learn how to play a musical instrument.

Oh well, I guess I am not ready to stop being a student in one form of another. But probably the best lesson that I have learned in my college career is that there is always something to learn and that you do not need to learn it in college in order to be successful - although it doesn't hurt, except for your wallet that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment